FRENCH INSPIRED - AUSTRALIAN OWNED
About Us >>
FRENCH ARTISAN STYLE BAKERY
BREAD - THE STAFF OF LIFE.
BAGUETTE - THE EMBLEMATIC BREAD OF FRANCE.
PASTRY AND PATISSERIE.
Bread. Its importance is embodied in our language, both religious and everyday. It means food and life and money. Bread is the staff of life, meaning that it’s our support. The history of bread is encompasses a vast span of time and knowledge. It includes agriculture, science, technology, innovation, imagination, and art. Bread has its own history in every country. And in every country, bread is like a small world of its own, such is its importance and its diversity.
The baguette is an image as strongly French as the tri-colour flag or the Eiffel Tower. The baguette has became the emblematic bread of France, but it is only one of the many French breads. In fact, the long baguette is a relative late-comer to the French bread scene. Most loaves were round – hence the French word for baker, boulanger, someone who baked bolle, or round bread.
Quiche Lorraine is probably the best know savoury pastry, an open-faced tart containing eggs, cream, and bacon. It was first mentioned as early as the 17th century in France. The Viennoiserie range includes croissants, as identifiably French as the baguette, brioche and Danish. There are also the exquisite confections of the little cakes of France – cakes that require the challenge of extreme discipline combined with creativity and even a sense of fun.
LAURENT IN PICTURES
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT US
WE ARE ON YouTube
• PHOTOGRAPHERS LOVE OUR STORES
• ARTICLE IN THE FRENCH NEWSPAPERS "LA PROVENCE"
• THE THANK-YOU WATER CAMPAIGN AT OUR STORE
• OUR CUSTOMER'S PHOTOS ON FLICKR
• REVIEW ON US ON "MINIBITES" WEBSITES
• LAURENT BAKERY AT CHANNEL 9
• PHOTOS OF THE FRENCH LUXURY BAKERY CHAIN
• K. HOLMES AT LAURENT BAKERY
• LAURENT BAKERY RETAIL VIDEO
• FRENCH AND FANCY - LAURENT PRODUCT PHOTOS
• MIETTA'S RESTAURANT GUIDE SAYS ABOUT US
• LAURENT BAKERY AT FRENCH NATIONAL TV
• KENNETT VANILLA SLICE COMPETITION 1998
© Laurent Bakery Pty Ltd 1993 - 2016