FRENCH INSPIRED - AUSTRALIAN OWNED
About Us >>
FRENCH ARTISAN STYLE BAKERY
WHEN IT COMES TO BREAD, IT'S A CASE OF "LESS IS MORE".
Laurent Bakery prides itself on the quality of all its products: its breads, pastries and cakes. The pride starts with the selection of ingredients. We use only carefully selected natural fresh ingredients. When it comes to bread, it’s a case of “less is more”, as the old saying goes.
The list of ingredients for the best bread is usually surprisingly small. At Laurent Bakery, they are very basic: flour, water, yeast and salt.
But it is how they are combined and handled, it is respect and understanding of the
processes involved in bread-making that makes the difference between one bakery and another, and one loaf and another.
There is a fifth ingredient, too, that makes an enormous difference to the quality of the bread. It is harder to measure, impossible to weigh and crucial to the quality of the loaves. The fifth ingredient is time. Yeast needs time to work, dough needs time to prove. The process can be hurried along, but at Laurent Bakery everyone knows the importance of time to the development of proper flavour in bread.
Resting time is crucial at every stage of baking from the time that flour and water are mixed together before yeast and salt, or the sourdough ferment, is added, to the time that the dough is given to rise, and the time the loaves are allowed to prove. The flavour of authentic bread depends on it not being hurried at any point.
One of the notable things about most of the Laurent loaves is what is left out of the ingredient list. No preservatives, no additives, and – unless it is required for the style of bread – no added fat or sugar.
LAURENT IN PICTURES
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT US
WE ARE ON YouTube
• PHOTOGRAPHERS LOVE OUR STORES
• ARTICLE IN THE FRENCH NEWSPAPERS "LA PROVENCE"
• THE THANK-YOU WATER CAMPAIGN AT OUR STORE
• OUR CUSTOMER'S PHOTOS ON FLICKR
• REVIEW ON US ON "MINIBITES" WEBSITES
• LAURENT BAKERY AT CHANNEL 9
• PHOTOS OF THE FRENCH LUXURY BAKERY CHAIN
• K. HOLMES AT LAURENT BAKERY
• LAURENT BAKERY RETAIL VIDEO
• FRENCH AND FANCY - LAURENT PRODUCT PHOTOS
• MIETTA'S RESTAURANT GUIDE SAYS ABOUT US
• LAURENT BAKERY AT FRENCH NATIONAL TV
• KENNETT VANILLA SLICE COMPETITION 1998
© Laurent Bakery Pty Ltd 1993 - 2016